Here are our most frequently asked questions. If you have specific questions, don’t hesistate to contact us.
What is the cost of your products?
We offer a variety of products and options to help meet your budget.
How long will the color last? How is the color achieved?
- LIC Stainless: The color is created through light interference. No pigment is added so neither U.V. nor time will affect the color. We warrant the material for 25 years provided our maintenance requirements are strictly followed.
- TiNi Stainless: Color is achieved by vapor deposition: various nitrides are plasmatised to fuse to the stainless. Interior and exterior installations of our product have shown no change in color. We warrant the material for 25 years provided our maintenance requirements are strictly followed.
- ZALMAG®: The finish weathers from an engaging silver color to an attractive bluish gray tone. We warrant the ZALMAG® material for 25 years provided our maintenance requirements are strictly followed.
What colors do you offer?
- Stainless LIC: Natural, Pewter, Wheat, Bronze, Blue, Slate, Bronze Gold, Burgundy, Purple/Blue, Peacock, Blue/Green, Charcoal
- Stainless TiNi: Imperial Gold & Permanent Copper
- ZALMAG®: Finishes/Colors: Natural, Pre-Patina II
How do you justify the color range in your LIC products?
Due to the nature of the LIC process, our products will always have variation in color. We use an LAB-measuring device to quantify the colors of our products. We offer a range in color based on repeatable tolerances within each color.
Why do you say ZALMAG is “The Solution to Zinc”?
At a fraction of the price of Zinc, ZALMAG® is easier to install and will patina to a soft gray over time just like Zinc. We also offer a ZALMAG® finish that will immediately give you the look of Zinc: Pre-Patina II.
Can I mix stainless and Zalmag?
No, mixing stainless steel and Zalmag can cause galvanic corrosion.
What are the approximate dimensions of your products?
Millennium Flat & Cupped Tiles:
Nominal: 15” x 9-5/8”
Exposed: 14-½” x 8-5/16” +/- 1/16”
Nominal: 7-3/4” by 17-1/4”
Exposed: 7-1/4” by 16-1/4” +/- 1/16”
Exposed: 21” x 21”
Exposed: 21” x 42”
Exposed: 21” x 21”
Exposed: 21” x 42”
Exposed: 12” (includes ½” reveal)
What is the Gauge of the steel?
- TILES: 26 gauge Stainless Steel or ZALMAG®
- SHEETS & COIL: 16, 18, 20, 22, or 24 gauge (longer lead times for thicker gauges; coil is only available in ZALMAG® and TiNi)
What is the minimum slope required for a roof application?
How are the tiles affixed to a wall?
With compatible nails or screws over a minimum of ½” plywood. An alternative option is to use a horizontally oriented substrate system. Add perforations or slots to the horizontal and you’ve got a rainscreen.
What sort of flashing do I need for installation?
We offer standard flashing components such as J-Channel, Outside & Inside Corner, False Starter, Starter Gable, Valley, End & Side Wall. We also offer custom flashing. If you can draw it on a napkin, we can make it!
Is this product easy to install?
Yes. Please visit our Installation Videos page.
Can you recommend an installer in my area?
Yes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give a ring at 262-723-7778
What are the cleaning instructions?
Please visit our Maintenance, Warranty, Terms & Conditions page.
What’s your warranty?
Our warranty depends on the material chosen. Please visit our Maintenance, Warranty, Terms & Conditions page.
Where can I get pricing?
Please contact us by phone at 262-723-7778, email at email@example.com or fill out our Project Application Form (we really do look at all the details!). We have representation throughout the world.
Is there a price difference between the “Cupped” and “Flat” tiles?
No, there is no price difference. The “Cupped” tile is an indentation in the tile that adds texture, quiets rain and allows for walking upon. Tiles are available as “Flat” if desired.
Where can I buy your products?
Please contact us directly.
Lead time will depend on the project size and material requirements. We produce on a first come, first served basis.
What about freight?
We have good relationships with several national carriers. You are always welcome to make your own arrangements.