FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Here are our most frequently asked questions. If you have specific questions, don’t hesistate to contact us.
We offer a variety of products and options to help meet your budget. Contact us for pricing at [email protected]
- LIC Stainless: The color is created through light interference. No pigment is added so neither U.V. nor time will affect the color. We warrant the material for 25 years provided our maintenance requirements are strictly followed.
- TiNi Stainless: Color is achieved by vapor deposition: various nitrides are plasmatised to fuse to the stainless. Interior and exterior installations of our product have shown no change in color. We warrant the material for 25 years provided our maintenance requirements are strictly followed.
- ZALMAG®: The finish weathers from an engaging silver color to an attractive bluish gray tone. We warrant the ZALMAG® material for 25 years provided our maintenance requirements are strictly followed.
- LIC Stainless Steel: Natural, Pewter, Bronze, Blue, Slate, Bronze Gold, Burgundy, Purple/Blue, Peacock, Blue/Green, Charcoal (#4 polish)
- TiNi Stainless Steel: Imperial Gold & Permanent Copper
- ZALMAG®: Natural, Pre-Patina II, Black
Due to the nature of the LIC process and raw materials, our products will always have natural variation in color. We use an LAB-measuring device to quantify the colors of our products. We offer a range in color based on repeatable tolerances within each color.
At a fraction of the price of Zinc, ZALMAG® is easier to install and will patina to a soft gray over time just like Zinc.
ZALMAG® can also be installed in cold temperatures without becoming brittle like Zinc would. The addition of Aluminum and Magnesium allows you to install the material directly to you substrate. There is no need for a rain screen system to allow air and water behind the panels like traditional zinc products require.
We also offer a ZALMAG® finish that will immediately give you the look of Zinc: Pre-Patina II and Black.
No, mixing stainless steel and ZALMAG® can cause galvanic corrosion and rust.
Large Flat & Cupped Tiles:
Nominal: 15” x 9-5/8”
Exposed: 14-½” x 8-5/16” +/- 1/16”
Nominal: 8-5/16″ x 9-3/4″
Exposed: 7-1/4” x 8-5/16” +/-1/16”
Nominal: 7-3/4” by 17-1/4”
Exposed: 7-1/4” by 16-1/4” +/- 1/16”
- STAMPED TILES: 26 gauge Stainless Steel or ZALMAG®
- SHEETS & COIL: 16, 18, 20, 22, or 24 gauge (longer lead times for thicker gauges; coil is only available in ZALMAG®)
3:12 roof slope
With self taping screws over a minimum of ½” plywood. An alternative option is to use a horizontally oriented substrate system. Add perforations or slots to the horizontal and you’ve got a rainscreen.
We offer standard flashing components such as J-Channel, Outside & Inside Corner, False Starter, Starter Gable, Valley, End & Side Wall. We also offer custom flashing. If you can draw it on a napkin, we can make it!
Yes, please email us at [email protected] or give a ring at 262-723-7778
Please visit our Cleaning Instructions, Warranty, Terms & Conditions page.
Please contact us by phone at 262-723-7778, email at [email protected] or fill out our Project Application Form (we really do look at all the details!). We have representation throughout the world.
No, there is no price difference. The “Cupped” tile is an indentation in the tile that adds texture, quiets rain and allows for walking upon. Tiles are available as “Flat” if desired.
Please contact us directly.
Lead time will depend on the project size and material requirements. We produce on a first come, first served basis.
We have good relationships with several national carriers. You are always welcome to make your own arrangements.
Yes. Please call us at 262-723-7778, email, or fill out our contact form.
The most important factor when choosing a substrate is using the correct type of metal. Using a dissimilar metal from the cladding will cause galvanic corrosion. You can also shim the panels/ tiles with a neutral material to isolate different types of metals.